www.Headless Moron.com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Brickvention casualties...

Author: jawapro
Date: Tue 21/01/2014 11:01 PM

Just got back from Brickvention 2014. As always, it was a truly awesome weekend.

Wasn’t without it’s downside this year though. In addition to my bank account, there were a few unexpected casualties.

First my Blackberry had a nasty encounter with the ground, and after many years of faithful service, it finally cracked it with me.

An even older friend, my trusty Fuji camera, also packed it in. Lens fault :(
 As it’s not a DSLR, you can’t remove the lens. Apparently it can be fixed - but likely for more than the old guy is worth. Jason and his camera had to step in and fill the void left by the now dead Fuji.

Time to start looking for a new camera I guess...

And that wasn’t quite the end of the issues. On the last day of the trip, Jason wanted to check out as many Cash Converters as he could. He found a good Bosch drill that he thought his Dad might want - so three phone calls, some umming and ahhing, and a bit of bartering later; he managed to talk them down $40. Not bad - but by the time we left, where we’d parked turned into a clearway and we’d copped a $144 parking fine. Ouch! So much for the discount.

My watch also died - but that just needs a new battery.

But even with those small disasters - it was still an epic weekend that I wouldn’t have missed. Many (MANY) more photos and stories to come. Stay tuned!

Comments: 2

Comment: 1

Author: LittleSis
Date: Sat 25/01/2014 08:43 AM

You thinking DSLR this time or something similar to the Fuji?

Comment: 2

Author: jawapro
Date: Sat 25/01/2014 10:35 AM

DSLR or maybe a Micro 4/3 like the OMD.  Haven t decided yet, but considering the pros and cons.