www.Headless Moron.com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Aarrrggghhh

Author: omnimors
Date: Sun 21/09/2008 09:37 AM

Well, I have been the unfortunate victim of internet hacking.  Someone broke into my email account and my E-bay account.  The email account was only used for unsecured online stuff (of which I include E-bay).  I can no longer get into my "beenpranked" email, and I'm having to go through the hassle of reclaiming my e-bay account.  (Apparently there have been several fraudulent purchases already).  Fortunately I keep all my banking, credit card stuff VERY separate, so they didn't have access to any information that could have been real bad. 

So, if you need to contact me, the new email address is praeceptor(dot)kb {at} gmail(dot)com.  

Replies: 4

Reply: 1

Author: jawapro
Date: Sun 21/09/2008 08:45 PM

Unfourtuantly (being paranoid) this post could actually be the only fraudulent thing. Someone could have hacked this and trying to get people to believe you've changed emails when you really havent. But I expect it's probably true.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Reply: 2

Date: Mon 22/09/2008 08:48 PM

Thanks for the little bit of faith, Jawapro.  Fortunately, E-bay's gotten back to me, and they will soon return the account to me. 

What a mess. 

Reply: 3

Author: jawapro
Date: Wed 24/09/2008 12:44 PM

Are you being held responcible for anything that the account bought?

It would be a right old mess indeed.

My sister's bank details got nabbed somehow once - but she caught it very quickly and got it stopped before anything too nasty happened.

Reply: 4

Date: Wed 24/09/2008 08:44 PM

I'm not going to be responsible for any of the damage.  Part of me convincing them that I was who I am, was giving them a recent transaction history.  They fixed everything after that. 

But, I did lose your email address, so at some point in time you're going to need to email me again.