www.Headless Moron.com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Camouflage that really works.

Author: trojen
Date: Sat 03/11/2007 12:51 PM

How good do you think camouflage is when is comes to hiding in open areas?

well, i was reading the MXNews yesterdy and i found a artical that said the british army was testing a new technology that could make a tank disappear completely.

sounds good to me.

the technology uses cameras and projectors to beam images of the surrounding landscape onto the tank. so anyone looking at the tank direction would only see what is beyond it and not the tank.

i still think you could have a small problem with all the curves and angles of the tank as it casts shadows leaving a floating black spot or a UFO in some ways.

they also trying the technology on combat jackets and if it all works well, you'lll see floating guns everywhere.

the future looks good if this works, time to join the british army...

Replies: 2

Reply: 1

Author: Nifen
Date: Mon 05/11/2007 06:40 AM

Yerp this theory first was used in the James bond movie, with the invisible car.

They took the idea from a real technology which allows you to use paper thin Natural Light LCD or LED LCD screens. The American Army was trialing the technology for a while, putting many camera on all sides of the tanks, and then putting screens on all sides as well. This would make the allusion from a distance or from air that the tank doesn't actually exist. Each camera would project what was on the other side of where the Camera would be.

But I never saw it go anywhere, Probably still testing or just never got onto any news after that.

I also heard of another technology which the American army would like to start deploying soon which will allow troops to wear body armor which was about 1 mm thin, which uses a liquid/cloth material which becomes incredibly hard when a fast object hits it. But is very easily worn when walking or running normally.

Sound good hey :)

Reply: 2

Author: jawapro
Date: Fri 09/11/2007 04:55 PM

As long as you're batteries dont wear out while you're sneaking through enemy territory. That'd suck.