www.Headless Moron.com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

New Flat

Author: Nifen
Date: Sun 23/03/2008 01:05 PM

Well, Oky doky. Thought i'd give you an update Rob.

Soo as you know, i've found a nice job in Hobart. Soo i start on Tuesday.

I was then searching everywhere for a place to live, making a few appointments to view them all.
After viewing, and lots of tear jerking, (as lots of the places SUCKED BALLS)!
I found a place in North Hobart. Its 1 minute from really nice clubs, bars, and restaurants. and about 5 minutes walk to center Hobart.

Soo i rang to get the power on, on Thursday, after running down to Hobart to sign the contract, but found out as stupid Power company people have Holidays on Tuesday as well, that I won't get the power on until Wednesday. I start work on Tuesday soo it looks like I’ll be camping in the dark for a couple of days.

Anyway it’s a 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor of a 2 story block of flats. I have my own under cover parking and a big lockable storage thing on the ground floor. Its right near all the good shops soo it really is just a 1 minute walk before being able to do a bit of shopping, or i can jump in the car and drive down the road a bit to a HUGE Woolworths, which is handy. I also have a Private school on one side, which would probably mean that the area is populated with richish families.  

There was another group of people moving in Yesterday.(the same time I was) Well when I say group, they looked like 2 girls. Which is great. it appears that i have 2 girls under where i live and just along from where i live. both looked very nice. soo hopefully MAYBE i can become friends with them :) (well i hope)

I've moved most things down Saturday, but have a few things to go, I need a fridge, I need a lounge and hell i need a rug. (not that any of this matter until i get the power on).

I just bought a microwave and a whole bunch of stuff for the kitchen. my bedroom is rather large, and I have a spair room for guests. Sooo feel free to pop by and stay a night.

Anyway I'll post pictures when I get the internet. It probably will be a couple of weeks however As I know i'm getting the phone connected on Tuesday, but then need to apply for my internet after. I've decided to go for 24 meg internet connection with 20 gig download peek and 40 gig download off peek. and also Voip all up with the phone costing $109. I will probably then upgrade to $139 plan but i thought i'd wait and see how much i'd actually download now. Maybe not as much as i think i would.

I was going to just get ADSL 1 but it doesn’t appear to be much difference in price. I think I’ll just go for the best connection and as its close to Hobart I should get the full 24 meg connection which will be nice for gaming.

Replies: 3

Reply: 1

Author: jawapro
Date: Sun 23/03/2008 02:38 PM

Cool Tom.

Pictures would be good when you get the net going.

If you dont mind me asking - how much a week is it? My sister was looking for somewhere to rent last year - and there wasnt much around in Hobart.

So you can get ADSL 2? Unfair! Although, I think it's comming to Devonport soon.

I'll be moving in a few weeks too - must be that time of year.

Reply: 2

Author: Nifen
Date: Sun 23/03/2008 04:28 PM

Umm its 220 a week.

I won't save as much as i'd like but that is ok. its nicer to not have to drive to work. that will save me some money.

Where are you moving to?

Reply: 3

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 24/03/2008 05:56 PM

Just accross the river to my house.

Currently Im renting for 130 a week, but Devonport is probably cheaper and its a smaller place from the description.

But in a bit over a week I'll take possession of my actual house.

Slightly scary thought.