www.Headless Moron.com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Is there a way to add avatars?

Author: turkeybrain
Date: Mon 16/07/2007 06:03 PM

Obviously your new engine (am I suppost to be here?) relies more on the avatar than before, I was just wondering how am I suppost to upload them? Just a question...

Replies: 10

Reply: 1

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 16/07/2007 07:13 PM

That was my task for tonight.

I can change your avatar - but there is no easy way for you to do it yet. Stay tuned.

Reply: 2

Date: Mon 16/07/2007 07:24 PM

Waiting with baited breath. But don't let me stress you out either!

Reply: 3

Date: Thu 19/07/2007 11:45 AM

I see there is now an option. It works well, except that I can't upload my own... I suppose I will survive. Is there a way you can make it change the avatar on all of my posts rather than just put my new avatar on only my new posts? Or will I have my face, a ?, and a pic of a McLaren F1 GTR spread across all my posts?

Reply: 4

Date: Thu 19/07/2007 12:42 PM

Currently I'm unsure.

I sort of want to be able to update my avatar without changing the old ones - which is why I wrote it this way. Each post has an avatar - instead of being linked via the user.

But I'm not convinced. For the blogs - I think its' a good idea. But I'm not sure about people who use the comments and forum. Could get messy.

So maybe I'll change it so admins only change current avatars - but normal users change all. Or give an option or something.

What think ye?

Reply: 5

Date: Thu 19/07/2007 12:43 PM

And these \ slashes are annoying. I'll have to work out how to remove them before displaying. 

Reply: 6

Date: Mon 30/07/2007 10:45 PM

I kind of prefer it if it changes everything, just because it keeps it consistent. In a major (well, serious posting with limited users) (i.e. my old site) forum site you identify the user by their avatar rather than bother reading the names. It is much quicker, although you get thrown when the user decides the change the avatar. You do get used to it again reasonably quickly, and then its back to normal. It it's not too much work, perhaps you could write something for the avatar changing page that queries the user as to what they would prefer to do. That way they get to have it the way they like it.

Of course, I can just see that as being a heck of a lot of extra work, especially when added to the whole process of writing an avatar uploader!

meh.

[please excuse the other rubbish in this post, I was just testing it...]

Reply: 7

Date: Tue 31/07/2007 07:31 PM

The Slashes problem has been corrected (I think). As well as some other random bug fixes.

Keep testing though Mr Turkey

Reply: 8

Date: Tue 31/07/2007 07:33 PM

Testing the link thing.

DONT CLICK THIS LINK!

Works fine if you're not stupid. Everyone knows that if you have a link that dosnt start with http:// it will be treated as a local link - dont they???

Reply: 9

Author: fred
Date: Wed 01/08/2007 06:38 PM

Tis a test for me!

Reply: 10

Author: fred
Date: Wed 01/08/2007 06:39 PM

Ok - normal users now update all avatars when they change them.

But site ADMINS (like me) only update their current ones. So I can swap between faces depending on my current mood etc.

Which is the way I want it.